Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Latest Greatest

Lately my ipod has been stuck on "Forgiven and Loved" by Jimmy Needham.

It's on repeat mostly out of necessity.

For most of the new year I've been in a funk- life being easily sucked out of me, thinking things like "I'm just not good enough, smart enough, disciplined enough, loving enough" (you get the idea), and in general just not feeling fully like myself. Somehow hearing a little Gospel truth embedded in music helps it infiltrate into my life on a little deeper level. This one helps breath a little life into me with lyrics like this:

"Oh, he died, he died to rectify my hopeless situation
and his blood commands my guilt to leave
Now on Calvary I stand, empty pockets open hands
Oh, there is no condemnation for me"
And the song ends simply repeating the words "child, you're forgiven and loved."

Hmm, good for the soul. For the full effect, I hope you'll take a listen.

And just for fun, here's a few of "the latest greatests" that have run their course at some point in the last 6 months or so. Some like "Forgiven and Loved" provided a refreshing dose of Gospel truth that hit me at the time, some expressed the emotion of my heart, and some just have a catchy beat.
John Meyer - Half of My Heart
Tyrone Wells - Happy As The Sun
Dave Barnes - Carry Me Through
Smokie Norfil - I Understand
Train - If It's Love
Shawn McDonald - Free
Bing Crosby - A Marshmallow World
(a little Christmas indulgence)

What's on repeat in your life... on your ipod, or in your head? Is it bringing you life?

No comments:

Post a Comment