Sometime in August:
(I wrote this for my "blog practice" word document.)
In my world, scrubs are the new sweats… and it is a beautiful thing. Sporting my scrubs is sort of like a personal rite of passage into medicine for me. I’ve been holding off on owning/wearing them until I had a real reason to do so. Even though it means I spend half of my day in anatomy lab, I love wearing scrubs… because of what it symbolizes and because they are sooooo comfortable. Seriously, have you ever worn a pair?
I just smile whenever I put on the pair of bottoms with elastic around the whole waistline. I knew once I owned a pair I would wear them all the time. My friend Danae and I hit up Value Village last week and I couldn’t help myself- I bought three sets.
Feb 18, 2011
My medical class put on a Ball complete with "awards" for our classmates and faculty. I was the winner of the "Most likely to make scrubs a part of their everyday attire" award. Honestly, when I saw this on the ballet the week before I knew I was going to be the winner. So confident that I brought a scrub top to the dance to throw on over my dress at the right time. I interpreted winning the award as permission to wear scrubs to school for no other reason than the fact that I want to.
Last week:
I wore my oh so comfortable scrub bottoms to class. None of my classmates said anything... I'm not even sure they noticed. Yay for scrubs- you are officially now part of my everyday attire!
No comments:
Post a Comment